Q Theatre is seeking an exceptional individual with proven commercial management experience for this newly created senior management role, leading the commercial operations of this award-winning performing arts venue on Queen Street, in the heart of Auckland's arts precinct. Across a range of projects, you will drive a high level of commercial performance, developing financial sustainability for the organisation.
The role is responsible for activating a strategy to grow Q’s commercial partnerships, ensuring that Q takes advantage of a range of commercial opportunities. You will bring a high level of entrepreneurial thinking and spirit to the role, connecting and activating across Q’s stakeholders. Working alongside the Senior Leadership team, you will play a key role in the design, development and implementation of Q’s commercial strategy. You will be responsible for the identification, scoping and management of a wide range of commercial partnerships that ensure Q has strong support to achieve its strategic objectives.
You will lead and model best practice financial processes across the business, contributing leadership, analysis and advice to the business and our staff team. Working closely with Q’s administrator and Q’s outsourced accounts team, you will support the strategic and business plan, providing strong financial direction and effective financial planning. You will play a key role in the development of Q’s annual budget and business plan, working closely with Q staff across the organisation to model an innovative, supportive and generative approach to commercial management.
You will lead a range of commercial projects across Q Theatre, including commercial hires, commercial partnerships, and entrepreneurial development opportunities that grow the financial sustainability of Q Theatre. You will take an integrative approach to Q’s operations, ensuring that operational systems, processes and technologies are aligned to deliver on Q’s strategic objectives. You will work closely with Q’s team, modelling and developing a culture of growth and optimisation.
- Actively championing the Q values and culture, bringing the brand to life;
- Working with the Chief Executive on preparation and implementation of medium and short term business plans for your functional areas of responsibility to support the strategic plans of the organisation
- Actively participating and engaging with your fellow leadership team members to achieve the overall outcomes of the organisation.
- Provide strong commercial management focus for all operations at Q Theatre
- Working alongside divisional managers, develop costing and pricing frameworks for Q services and products, ensuring clear growth targets are set for revenue and profit margins, alongside strong cost control.
- Drive improvement across key supplier partnerships for Q, ensuring maximum benefits from Q agreements.
- Manage commercial venue hire, identifying and securing opportunities for commercial hire, working closely with the Programme Director and Head of Visitor Experience.
- Identify and implement programmes to sell under-utilised space across the business, including use of Q by adjacent markets (non-performing arts)
- Attend to all reporting requirements associated with functional areas of responsibility, reporting against utilisation, attendance and financial targets to Chief Executive at regular intervals.
Current Priority Focus Areas:
- Lead a review of Q’s key commercial functions, including ticketing, hospitality and commercial hire, to ensure that Q is maximising its revenue and profit generating activities and functions.
- Identify and develop commercial partnerships for Q, including multi-year sponsorships and supply partnerships
- Identify and develop opportunities for Q to maximise revenue from its assets, including tenancies, labour and equipment.
- Working with the board and the Chief Executive, develop options for the long term financial strategy for Q Theatre.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for Q Theatre, across a range of touchpoints.
- Drive a customer experience programme across the business to identify and understand the customer journey across Q, including how an enhanced experience would increase profitability.
Audience and Sector Development
- Support the Chief Executive and Leadership team to design, plan and deliver audience and sector development initiatives and programmes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate qualification in business
- Experience of senior leadership roles within an organisation
- Strong demonstrable achievement record in business development
- Good understanding of modern business systems including Xero, Excel, CRM systems.
- Ability to form good relationships with a diverse base of colleagues and stakeholders
- An understanding of, and passion for, the social enterprise and not-for profit sector in Aotearoa