Head of Marketing and Development
- Key member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Strategic, operational and commercial focus
- Premier arts organisation; based in Wellington
Founded in 1946, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra is the country’s national professional orchestra and one of the few touring orchestras in the world, visiting many cities and towns around New Zealand every season.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Head of Marketing and Development leads a team of nine and is an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team.
This is both a strategic and operational role, where you will actively participate in the development and implementation of the NZSO strategic plan, as well as take full ownership of the marketing and development strategic plan. You will be accountable for audience and sponsorship development, fundraising and philanthropy, ticketing, marketing and sales as well as PR, communications and customer service.
This is a pivotal role with a strong commercial focus, which will provide the opportunity to work with a wide variety of interesting, talented and highly committed professionals and supporters.
- Successful track record at a senior management level
- Experienced in developing and implementing marketing, brand, communications, sponsorship and fundraising strategies
- Proven business acumen and experienced in budget management
- Superior communication, negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities
- Effective planning, project management and organisational abilities
- A collaborative approach with the ability to lead and inspire teams with vision
- Exceptional relationship management abilities with both internal and external stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, fundraising, public relations, business or similar is preferred
- An interest in orchestral/symphonic music
- Ability to commit to frequent travel