The Christchurch Symphony Orchestra is the South Island's largest professional music organsation and is based in Christchurch. The dynamic concert season encompasses a broad range of musical styles and repertoire and our Community Engagement programme operates South Island-wide.
The Orchestra Manager will lead the team that is focused on realising the CSO's artistsic vision through a range of public and private concerts, events and activities.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, this role will also contribute to the strategic planning process, ensuring the CSO continues to be a relevant and dynamic arts organisation.
- Minimum of an undergraduate (or equivalent) qualification in music
- Proven experience of working with a professioanl orchestra or equivalent performimg arts organisation.
- Proven experience at managing and leading a team
- High level of financial acuity
- An ability to think analytically and act decisively
- Must be able to handle organisational and communication aspects of the position in a positive, professional and timely manner and be able to demonstrate an ability to work with others as part of a team.
- Familiarity with current Health and Safety Legislation is an advantage
With the re-opening of the Chirstchurch Town Hall for the Performing Arts imminent as well as a move to a new centrally located home for the orchestra, this is an exciting time to join a small but passionate team.
To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the full position description.
Applications for this position will close on the 21st January 2018.