Senior House Technician, Hannah Playhouse
We are seeking an experienced, suitably qualified Senior House Technician to maintain and co-ordinate the use of technical facilities at the Hannah Playhouse, ensuring that we have a venue for hire that is fit for purpose.
The successful applicant will have proven experience in assessing and delivering technical support in a theatre environment. This position maintains the technical fit out and equipment; liaises with outside hirers on tech requirements; and is the onsite representative ensuring Health and Safety standards, ensuring that all events in the Hannah Playhouse are run smoothly and safely for all visitors and comply with venue policy.
The role is for a minimum of 24 hours per fortnight, flexibility and the ability to work weekends and evening hours is required in order to accommodate hirers and events at the Hannah Playhouse. Additional hours may be available and will be agreed on a case by case basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure that the Theatre fit out and equipment is fit for purpose and maintained.
- Report and monitor building upkeep matters with the Hannah Playhouse Trust.
- To ensure that all hirers abide by safe working practise and building code regulations while in the Hannah Playhouse.
- Respond as required to all enquiries and needs from a technical and facility perspective of all Hirers.
- Manage maintenance, compliance and technical service costs within agreed budgets.
- Hire casual crew for bookings and events, and oversee their work to a high standard.
- Technically support hirers while on site as and when required.
- Working with the Hannah Playhouse General Manager, House Manager and Hannah Playhouse Administrator to maximise operational revenue and address technical needs.
Hannah Playhouse, part of Capital E is part of Wellington Museums Trust (trading as Experience Wellington), a registered charity established by Wellington City Council as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) to manage and develop its cultural and arts visitor experiences.
To apply for this role and to view and a full position description and to apply, please visit our website
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close at 5.00 pm on Monday 15 January 2018.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.