Music Promotions Manager
Sony Music New Zealand
Role: Promotions Manager
Start date: February 2018
Sony Music New Zealand is home to the world’s biggest and brightest local and international artists and we’re looking for a superstar Promotions Manager to join our close-knit and passionate team!
As Promotions Manager for Sony Music you will be responsible for creating as much noise and excitement as possible about our artists’ releases and activities within New Zealand. Sound fun?
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Create and execute innovative promotional strategies to promote Sony Music artists with a key focus on publicity and radio
- Service media outlets with Sony Music content, create strong relationships with media contacts to ensure maximum representation.
- Maximize radio airplay and implement creative and innovative promotional opportunities with our radio partners to achieve a record’s greatest chart potential and audience impact
- Explore and exploit all avenues in the market to greater expose & build the audience of our label's artists to contribute to the company-wide effort of promoting and maximising sales.
- Identify, foster, and maintain strong working relationships with New Zealand media outlets and key stakeholders to Sony Music
- Develop, co-ordinate, and execute on ground promotional schedules and events involving an artist's appearance in the market region, be it on a concert or promotional tour.
- Coordinate activities with all internal departments with an eye toward smooth and logistic execution of any/all activities.
- Internal reporting
Our ideal candidate will have many of these attributes:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music and artists
- Pop culture obsessed
- Strong relationship management skills
- Goal oriented
- Highly organised with strong multi-tasking ability
- Negotiation & Persuasiveness, i.e. turning “no” into “yes”
- High customer service ability and focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to execute large scale events with ease
To apply you must have:
- A full New Zealand Driver’s license
- Minimum of 3 years PR or relevant experience (proven experience interacting with media is preferred)
Interested? Please email your application to Taryn.Kljakovic@sonymusic.com.
CV and Cover Letter are appreciated.
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.