Materials and Content Assistant - NZIFF 2019
ROLE DESCRIPTION / NGĀ RAUKURA O TE TŪRANGA
This role is responsible for the collation of technical information for NZIFF films for scheduling and screening purposes, the checking of screening materials, and assisting the Content Manager with the collection and forwarding of screening materials from and to distributors, sales agents, and filmmakers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Knowledge of film exhibition equipment and procedures, particularly digital cinema
- Ability to cope well with stress, being able to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, good interpersonal skills
- Tech-savvy, being able to quickly get acquainted and work with technical terminology and equipment
- Absolute accuracy in data collection and entry
- Good trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to details
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / NGĀ TAKOHANGA
- Collate, log and distribute technical information.
- Assist the Content Manager with the collection and forwarding of screening materials.
- Assist the Content Manager with ensuring that the director's scheduling of films in each city is practicable.
- Co-ordinate and load DCPs onto NAS or other drives, TMSs or other servers for different venues (log, monitor, test and manage the content of each drive).
- Liaise with filmmakers, sales agents and production houses to co-ordinate compile programmes of short film programmes as agreed with management.
- Co-ordinate with venues to ensure content is preloaded onto servers (and tested) as required in order to share content amongst venues. This will require working very closely with the venue managers, projectionists and technical staff in order to create and manage an ingest, testing and despatch plan. This will require an analytical and methodical approach, taking into account file sizes and server sizes.
- Ordering, receiving and checking of all KDMs (Key Delivery Messages) for encrypted files.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 20 May until 23 August 2019