Guest Coordinator - NZIFF 2019
ROLE DESCRIPTION / NGĀ RAUKURA O TE TŪRANGA
This role is responsible for the coordination of our national and international filmmakers’ and guests’ travel requirements during the NZIFF season. The Guest Coordinator will book all international and domestic travel, prepare itineraries, coordinate ticketing requests, ensure screening introductions are staffed, and overall be an outstanding host and NZIFF representative for our guests.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Excellent time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent telephone, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, advanced Excel, Outlook), project management tools Slack and Trello, cloud-based file management tool Dropbox
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Good attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Full clean driver’s licence is required
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ NGĀ TAKOHANGA
- In consultation with the Director and Assistant Programmer liaise with filmmakers and other guests to coordinate and then book their international and domestic travel (flights, hotels and ground transport).
- Prepare and distribute guest itineraries to guests and NZIFF staff.
- Coordinate any meet and greets and/or introductions at the airport, hotels, venues etc. to ensure guests are well looked after.
- Assist in the coordination of any NZIFF discussion panels, including approaching and inviting participants (in consultation with the Director and GM), ensuring participants are fully briefed on the events, and advising Festival Managers of any event setup requirements.
- Track and coordinate all guest invoices.
- Coordinate the cinema ticketing requirements of international and local guests.
- Assist with checking the programme schedule for each region, including coordination and distribution of an accurate list of screenings with guest intros and Q&As to the relevant NZIFF staff.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 27 May to 16 August 2019.