Ticketing Supervisor - NZIFF 2019
ROLE DESCRIPTION / NGĀ RAUKURA O TE TŪRANGA
This role will assist the Wellington Festival Manager with coordinating and overseeing the sale of NZIFF tickets in Wellington. They will train cashiers, oversee the setup of ticketing equipment, troubleshoot, handle customer enquiries and sell tickets on the NZIFF ticketing system. Additionally, they will assist the Wellington Festival Manager in the event management of NZIFF in Wellington.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Previous experience with a computerised ticketing system is essential (NZIFF Wellington uses Vista), including knowledge of ticket office operations and reconciliation practices
- Experience supervising staff
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken
- Strong attention to detail
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ NGĀ TAKOHANGA
- Training and overseeing cashiers, NZIFF office staff (as required), venue managers and venues own cashier staff on the NZIFF ticketing system. This will include managing cashiers to ensure they meet NZIFF service standards and monitoring appropriate ticketing staffing levels and crowd management in ticketing
- Coordinating installation of POS equipment at the NZIFF box office, venues and office
- Ensuring the ticketing agent has accurate cinema floor plans, selling patterns, holds, censorship and session information (and that these are checked prior to going on sale)
- Loading session information, ticket pricing, holds and venue information onto the ticketing system and updating censorship information as it comes to hand
- Issuing complimentary and paid tickets and passes for staff, filmmakers, guests, sponsors, distributors, exhibitors and media as directed
- Overseeing audit of the venues and the office daily sales sheets and reconciliations
- Assisting the Wellington Festival Manager in the setup and pack-out of events
- Coordination of the venue packs and venue box office setup; arranging cinema signage
- Assisting the Wellington Festival Manager with volunteers rostering, volunteers and NZIFF venue staff induction
- Deputising for the Wellington Festival Manager during NZIFF Wellington (as required for various tasks).
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 19 June to 16 August 2019.