Social Media Coordinator - NZIFF 2019
ROLE DESCRIPTION / NGĀ RAUKURA O TE TŪRANGA
This role works closely with the Communications Manager to deliver the social media strategy and assists the Online Content Coordinator with online communications for NZIFF.
The Social Media Coordinator has the responsibility for managing NZIFF’s social media channels, ensuring information is current and always relevant for our audiences. These are currently (but are not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. The role will work closely with the Communications Manager, Online Content Coordinator, Publicists, Communication Assistants and Festival Director to ensure a consistent tone and message is applied to all social media content.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Advanced and demonstrated understanding of social media
- Experience in monitoring social media analytics
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), project management tools Slack and Trello, cloud-based file management tool Dropbox, Hootsuite, Mailchimp and Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to use video editing software would be preferable
- Some media and public relations experience would be preferable
- Demonstrated copy writing skills appropriate for both formal and informal online communication
- Ability to deliver projects on time
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / NGĀ TAKOHANGA
- Monitor and maintain NZIFF’s social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Grow NZIFF’s social media followers across agreed channels
- Position our profile as an engaging member of the online community who contributes relevant and interesting information
- Finalise the social media strategy in consultation with the Communications team
- Manage the social media marketing budget, including regular reporting on spend and engagement
- Develop and deliver a content calendar that works with the overall marketing plan and partnership obligations
- In conjunction with the Audience Development Coordinator arrange online campaigns that target separate interest groups
- Roster Communications team staff to cover social media during busy periods
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 13 May to 14 August, 2019.