Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role within the arts?
We are looking for a talented individual with creative flair and attention to detail to take up our Arts Administrator position.
Is this you? If so apply now!!
The Wallace Gallery is a public gallery situated in the Waikato with a national profile. The Wallace Gallery Morrinsville is borne out of passion and community vision: a contemporary gallery with five unique spaces that showcases New Zealand art and artists, alongside artworks from the most comprehensive collection of contemporary New Zealand art the James Wallace Arts Trust.
We are recruiting for a permanent part-time Arts Administrator. The appointee will have an opportunity to work alongside the current Gallery Director and our wonderful volunteer team.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and passion for contemporary arts and community.
• A professional commitment to the cultural sector and an appropriate qualification with relevant experience.
• Excellent oral and written communicator with administrative skills
• Be flexible, reliable and systematic
• IT literacy with experience of website management and office software
It is envisioned that our new Arts Administrator will work 24 hours over 3 days a week with flexibility around some projects. You will be working as part of a small team made up of two staff and many wonderful volunteers.
- Management of office administration (Accounts, Friends / Supporters programme)
- Delivery/design of gallery promotions (Print and online)
- Management of volunteers (Meetings, roster and communications)
- Assist with delivery of public programmes alongside gallery director
- Take a lead role when required if the gallery director is away from the gallery.