Creative Employment Consultant
The Depot ArtsLab Creative Employment Programme invites an exceptional person to join its team; a person with employment placement and career guidance skills, a community heart and who cares for people. ArtsLab has been running for 17 years supporting creative unemployed job seekers into employment. Artslab is a creative, innovative and effective professional development and career guidance service for the creative industries. This role can range from guiding a seasoned graphic designer with their job seeking strategy to assisting a recent grad to write their first CV to helping someone with long-term unemployment to find suitable and realistic employment options.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in either recruitment, supported employment, career/employment guidance or a relevant role within the creative industries.
The ArtsLab Creative Employment Consultant will work within our team to:
- Assist creative industry professionals to develop resources and skills for successful job applications and business development.
- Identify and implement steps to facilitate the development of artists' creative practices and provide them with career guidance and employment transition support.
- Help to develop and run workshops and carry out general programme administration.
Professional Skills Required
- Ability to teach and direct clients through all job seeking processes
- Ability to utilise and communicate a range of job seeking strategies
- Strong job interview guidance skills
- Report writing and literacy
- Career/vocational guidance and mentoring
- Interpersonal, public relations and communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in the creative industries
- Work well in a team environment and have an understanding of community development
- Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel (basic)
Personal Skills Required
- Warm, engaging and professional
- Interest in the arts and in participating in The Depot's activities
- Work with genuine care and understanding of our client's needs and circumstances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to modify communication style for different people and situations
- Excellent organization, time management and administration skills
- Able to work collaboratively and independently
- Adaptable and flexible
The position could be for two part-time consultants or one full-time consultant based in Devonport, Auckland.