Festival Assistant - Communications
Screenies Children’s International Film Festival is NZ’s only film festival dedicated to children. We source high-quality international and local films made for children and screen these at our annual festival, in a programme that also includes film-making workshops, film review competitions and other film activities.
We are looking for a Communications/Social Media volunteer. Learn on the job and add value to the littlest film festival for kids. What we can offer you is the opportunity to take ownership of your role and build the experience that you want to boost your CV. You will have the flexibility to work from home and fit Screenies around your study and other commitments.
- lnternet savvy with a demonstrated understanding of online media
- Experience with Wordpress
- Excellent computer skills including Google Docs, project management tools Slack and Trello, Dropbox, Mailchimp
- Design skills a bonus
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated copy writing skills
- A willingness to help out
- updating website and social media platforms
- outreach to schools and community groups
- sending newsletters
- event listing
- managing bookings
- updating databases
- fundraising applications
- general admin
What we will require of you:
- Ability to work independently
- Able to communicate effectively inside and outside the organisation
- Passion for kids/film/media
- A can-do attitude
We are looking for a commitment of 10-15 hours per week, for an immediate start until the end of August.