Āhua Gallery Assistant
The NZ Māori Arts and Crafts Institute at Te Puia, Rotorua, is excited to be embarking on a new journey. Several years of planning have now come to fruition with the pending opening of the new Āhua Gallery. The Gallery will be an exciting platform to showcase and promote the quality works created by our students and master artists. The Gallery will also be producing exhibitions that celebrate Māori Art and our connections here in Aotearoa and abroad.
This is a great opportunity for someone with curatorial and sales knowledge, passion for Toi (Art) and an eye for detail to join the team and new Gallery.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role or have a relevant tertiary qualification. If you think you have the following skills and attributes, are highly customer focused and passionate about Māori Material Culture and Te Ao Māori, then we would love to hear from you.
· Highly organized, with exceptional time management skills
· A team player
· Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to add to the visitor/customer experience
· Some curatorial knowledge would be highly advantageous
· Someone who has a clear understanding of and passion for Te Ao Māori and Māori Material Culture
· A practicing artist would be highly advantageous
· General knowledge of the sales process
· Some retail experience would be advantageous
· 3 years’ experience in a similar position, or relevant tertiary qualification
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Customer Care Centric thinker
· Amiable and flexible personality
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application