Venue and Events Coordinator
BATS Theatre is the largest developmental theatre in New Zealand, presenting an annual programme of more than 90 shows across three performance spaces that encompass theatre, dance, music and comedy. BATS is recognised and funded as an Arts Leadership Organisation by Creative New Zealand and is also supported by the Wellington City Council.
We are looking for a capable, creative person to manage events, functions and venue hire throughout our buzzing, multi-venue building. This includes working with theatre practitioners to support the development of their work in our spaces, as well as developing strong relationships with individuals and businesses booking venue hires, and managing one off events for the BATS community and beyond. You will promote, facilitate and support the running of all venue hires, and help to ensure the health and safety of all hirers using the theatre.
The Venue and Events Coordinator will be employed on a full-time basis. The role is likely to include evening and weekend hours.
● An understanding and total belief in the BATS kaupapa and vision, and the ability to make it happen;
● An exceptional ability to deal with diverse groups of people;
● Thorough working and practical knowledge of venue and event management processes;
● A responsible and self-motivated work ethic;
● Excellent coordination and time management skills;
● Ability to work as part of a small but busy team;
● Working proficiency in computer skills (Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Drive etc);
● Knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a bonus;
● Current First Aid training is a bonus.
The ideal start date is mid May, 2018. This is a permanent full-time position.
For more information please see the Position Description.