Fixed-term Junior Graphic Designer | Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki
Add to your graphic design experience at Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki, Aotearoa New Zealand's largest and most inspiring visual arts experience. With a busy visitor programme, we have multiple exhibition spaces spread across four levels of our award-winning building. Our collections currently number more than 16,000 artworks that include major holdings of New Zealand historic, modern and contemporary art.
In this role within the Marketing and Communications team, you will provide creative support, alongside the Senior Graphic Designer, to all areas of the Gallery. This will see you producing engaging visuals for all audiences, which may include web and social media content, advertising material, marketing collateral, internal and external signage, teaching materials and presentation items. You'll keep up to date with innovations and trends within the gallery and museum space, as well as in the wider graphic design, advertising and publishing industries.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Up to 3+ years' experience in a graphic design role
- Understanding of design principles with the ability to competently execute designs to a high standard
- Thorough understanding of typesetting and a solid knowledge of typography
- Ability to approach design challenges practically and innovatively
- Proficiency in working with Adobe Creative Cloud: this must include experience in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Aptitude for delivering graphic design solutions across print, outdoor and digital media
- Highly methodical and organised approach with an ability for juggling competing priorities to ensure delivery to deadline
- Outgoing, confident nature and able to build effective working relationships.
We offer a fulfilling career in an unrivalled environment where everyone shares a common passion for offering authentic and meaningful experiences through art. This is a 5 months fixed-term, full-time position, working 40 hours over Monday to Friday.
If you're ready to sink your teeth in to a busy and creative role, apply now! Applications for this role close on Sunday, 6 May at 10.30pm.
In the first instance, please apply via the 'apply now' button below. For more information please call Gemma Bardsley on 021 839 128.
To apply for this job, please click here or go to our job site and enter the job code 108422TBI.