Hours: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Join a forward-thinking, vibrant and passionate national arts organisation of global standing.
Use your leadership and strategic skills to ensure this national treasure continues to flourish and engage New Zealander's across the country. Develop, oversee and implement strategies that:
- Increase and diversify audiences for chamber music in New Zealand;
- Maintain CMNZ’s position as Aotearoa’s leading chamber music presenter of world-class standing;
- Increase brand awareness and maximise ticketing income streams.
About the role
The Marketing Manager is a member of the CMNZ Leadership Team with 13 direct reports and the position reports to the Chief Executive.
In this critical strategic and operational role you will:
- Develop and implement an audience development framework.
- Develop and sustain existing markets and audiences.
- Continue the development of CMNZ’s brand refresh.
- Manage the promotion and marketing of CMNZ seasons, tours and events with both traditional and digital channels.
- Lead communications with all stakeholders.
Full Job Description available on our website www.chamberusic.co.nz/work-with-us
Applications close: 5pm Friday 25 May 2018
- Proven successful experience in developing and implementing promotion, marketing and advertising strategies, campaigns and plans.
- Sound understanding of marketing a subscription-based product and ticketing.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and media relations.
- Exceptional relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Sound understanding and familiarity with CRM systems, databases and web technology.
- Successful experience in managing and developing staff.
- Sound financial knowledge and experience in managing budgets.
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts.
- Works effectively in small teams and contributes to a positive team environment.
- Achievement and result oriented.
- Knowledge or appreciation of the arts and in particular chamber/classical music
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, public relations or related discipline
Chamber Music New Zealand is Aotearoa's leading presenter of top quality chamber music concerts. Founded in 1950, CMNZ is one of the oldest national arts organisations. We exist to engage, nurture and inspire both audiences and artists alike through a wide range of activities including an international artist touring programme and extensive community and education initiatives.
Our mission is to foster the love and understanding of music, create remarkable experiences throughout Aotearoa, share live music by solo performers and small ensembles, as well as encourage and support New Zealand performers and composers.
We have a moderate size staff that spans the country with a national office based in Wellington. You will be working with a group of highly dedicated, enthusiastic people, passionate about what they do and why they do it. It's the arts, there's plenty of character!