Auckland Guest Host
The Auckland Guest Host will be the first point of contact for NZIFF guests in Auckland and will assist with updating itineraries, coordinating ticketing requests, airport meet&greets, ensuring screening introductions are staffed, and overall be an outstanding host and NZIFF representative for our guests in Auckland.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Excellent time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent telephone, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, advanced Excel, Outlook), project management tools Slack and Trello, cloud-based file management tool Dropbox
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Full clean driver’s licence is required.
- In consultation with the Wellington-based Guest Coordinator compile and oversee a schedule of guest arrival and departure pickups and drop offs. This includes checking shuttles and taxis bookings are in place as required.
- Assist all staff in ensuring that the reasonable needs of NZIFF guests are met and a high standard of hospitality is available to them.
- Escort filmmakers to and from their scheduled activities (including airport pick-ups, drop offs, interviews, workshops and screenings) and coordinate alternative arrangements if you are unavailable.
- Oversee meet & greets between moderators and guests at the screenings.
- Assist with Q & A’s, panels and other ancillary events as requested.
- Assist Auckland Festival Manager with daily run sheets.
- Produce a report on actions, successes and learnings at the completion of the contract.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT / TE ROA O TE MAHI TAHI
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 10 July to 4 August 2019.
HOURS / NGĀ HAORA
From July 10 – 17, hours are during regular Monday – Friday office hours and flexible around
the required tasks. This role requires extended hours during the Festival (18 July – 4 August),
including evenings and weekends in order to oversee guest needs and schedules.