Marketing Assistant – Hera Couture and Daisy by Katie Yeung
Part time, 10 hours per week (flexible) - contract / freelance basis
The successful candidate will be joining a small team of staff at one of New Zealand’s leading bridal design companies based in Auckland. Katie Yeung designs custom wedding gowns for her brands Hera Couture and Daisy by Katie Yeung. Over the last 12 months Hera Couture and Daisy have experienced rapid growth.
The Marketing Assistant will be working with the Marketing Manager to increase awareness of the two brands across New Zealand and Australia, through digital marketing platforms, events, print and online media. The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Marketing Manager and will be based in Pt Chevalier, Auckland. Some hours can be worked from home and hours may increase during busy times and as the business expands. This role would suit a recently graduated student looking for marketing experience or a parent wanting school hours work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the websites are updated regularly and steadily improved.
• Ensure that all of Hera Couture and Daisy’s written output, including articles, and key correspondence is consistent and in the correct tone and style.
• Assist in updating, posting and developing both brands presence on social media platforms including advertising campaigns on Facebook and Instagram.
• Help plan events and be available on the day, outside of weekly hours (quarterly).
• Contact photographers and brides to obtain photos of weddings.
• Manage the image library and all digital assets.
• Own laptop with Adobe Creative Cloud and experience using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator .
• Open minded, eager to learn and adapt under pressure, with a passion for the fashion and/or wedding industry.
• Some knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation and Google AdWords.
• Exceptional written communications skills, with ability to adapt style to suit different communications media and audience groups.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Confident liaising with customers, suppliers and vendors.
• Enthusiasm for new opportunities presented by social media.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, and willingness to 'pitch in' as required in a small organisation.
• Previous experience working for luxury brands, bridal and/or the fashion industries.
• Creative and innovative approach to communications and branding.
• Photography skills.
• Networks within the fashion and creative industries.
• Trade show experience.