Manager Baycourt Community and Arts Centre
Tauranga is on a journey to become a talented and innovative city full of opportunity; a city with heart and soul; and a city of great spaces, places and environments.
Baycourt is Tauranga's premier, multi-purpose performing arts and events facility. A place where people of all ages can be entertained, inspired and escape into the wonders of performing arts. The venue is extensively used by local, regional, national and international performances, conferences and exhibitions.
We are looking for an exceptional person to take on the position of Manager: Baycourt Community & Arts Centre. This role is one of a kind in Tauranga, and provides an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about the arts and culture space.
The successful candidate will lead the provision and development of Baycourt so that it continues to meet the variety of needs of local, national and international performers and events. The role also involves leading and participating in the development and delivery of Tauranga's overall strategic direction and ensuring the venue is supporting the Toi Moana arts and culture strategy.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- proven experience in leadership, collaboration, strategic thinking, service delivery management and negotiation.
- confidence with public speaking
- experience in the development of annual event and performance programmes
- 8-10 years event or venue-related experience
- demonstrate general knowledge of live performance, including and understanding of the various areas such as lighting, sound and front of house, ticketing, catering and stage management
- Bachelor's degree (Arts and/or Business Management), or equivalent experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a busy team and premier venue that celebrates the arts in all its forms; nurturing present, past and future generations of artists and performers; while presenting our patrons with the very best shows.
Please refer to the position description attached for further details about the position, skills and experience required.
Applications close 17 June 2018Manager: Baycourt Community and Arts Centre