Expressions of interest: Exhibition Coordinator, New Zealand at Venice 2019
La Biennale di Venezia is widely recognised as the world’s pre-eminent contemporary art exhibition. New Zealand’s arts development agency, Creative New Zealand, funds and manages New Zealand’s presence at la Biennale di Venezia for the almost seven month duration, with generous support from the New Zealand at Venice patrons and other supporters.
Dane Mitchell is New Zealand’s artist for the 58th International Art Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia in 2019.
We have an exciting contract opportunity for an Exhibition Coordinator to coordinate logistical, technical and staffing aspects of the installation and de-installation of the New Zealand Pavilion.The Exhibition Coordinator will work closely with the artist and our Venice-based team.
This project runs from August 2018 to November 2019, with part-time hours initially and then with peak periods of activity around installation in April/May 2019 and de-installation in November 2019 that will require full-time hours.The appointee will be based in New Zealand and must be available to travel to Venice.
To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate:
- Considerable experience in installations in museum/gallery environments
- A track record of working productively and positively with artists and curators
- Sound knowledge of international freight and logistics
- Experience of working with a team based in different locations
- A flexible, practical mindset
- Ideally, but not essential, Italian language skills.
This project is available as a contract for services to an independent contractor, or, for applicants currently employed in the arts sector, as a secondment.