Curator of Collections
Career Opportunities: Museum Curator of Collections (6663)
Museum Curator of Collections
New Zealand Police Museum
Remuneration range: $51,449.00 - $69,605.00
Job Requisition ID 6663
The New Zealand Police Museum collections are challenging and exciting, comprising police cultural property and significant criminal case evidence. This is a rare opportunity and the first time the role of collections curator has been advertised in more than a decade. If you enjoy working with authentic, rich artefacts with strong stories and can meet the required qualifications and skills, we would love to hear from you.
Technical Skills Curator of Collections New Zealand Police Museum:
- Demonstrate the skills required to manage diverse collections including collection planning, cataloguing, research, monitoring and preventative conservation.
- Demonstrate an adherence to cultural, legal and ethical provisions to recognised museum professional standards
- Experience in the management of inward and outward loans that demonstrates stakeholders received the best possible service
- Experience in a curatorial role that demonstrates successful exhibitions and education programmes
Competencies – Level 1 Individual Contributor
For more information about the above Core Competencies, visit “Our Values” on our website to view our Core Competency Framework: How We Do Things.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Museum Studies
- Full New Zealand Drivers Licence
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience using VERNON CMS
- Applicants must be a NZ or Australian citizen, or a NZ resident, or have a valid NZ work visa to apply for this position
- Successful applicant must reside in Wellington
Additional Selection Tools
- Work Sample
To view the position description for this role, please copy & paste the following link in a new browser: