Apply now for a three-month residency at the British School at Rome, Italy. This residency is an initiative driven by independent working artists and is designed to facilitate a unique opportunity for New Zealand artists in their early to mid-career stage. Artists can submit work in the mediums of painting, sculpture, audio-visual, print, photography, drawings and interdisciplinary arts.
Apply for the British School of Rome Wallace New Zealand Residence Award here. Applications close 5pm, Monday 23 July 2018.
How to apply
How to apply:
In addition to basic information applicants will be asked to supply the following:
• A statement of intent outlining what the applicant wishes to explore and achieve while in Rome at the BSR and how this residency will provide a new direction or otherwise impact on their work (no more than 500 words);
• Curriculum Vitae, in PDF format;
• The applicant's CV is to include the names of two referees with their contact details. The nominated referees should be able to comment on the applicant’s artistic and professional achievements and potential and be willing to sign a declaration confirming the absence of conflict of interest;
• A digital portfolio, in PDF format, including a selection of works demonstrating the range of uses of their chosen medium/media. This may include images, writing, hyperlinks to showreels or anything else relevant to showcasing the applicant's work.
• The portfolio should detail 6 -10 individual artworks or projects and include:
o Two works of art created during the year prior to the application deadline;
o At least two of the works of art must not have been sold;
o Works of art that have been exhibited are clearly marked;
o At least two of the works of art must be made available for exhibition and possible purchase in the Wallace Art Awards Travelling Show. The two works should be clearly indicated.
The successful applicant will be notified by 21 August which work(s) of art have been selected for exhibition, and must make arrangements for his/her work(s) of art to reach the Wallace Arts Trust in time for the exhibition, opening on the 3rd of September 2018.
Application deadline: 5pm, Monday 23 July 2018 (NZ time, no late applications will be accepted)