Casual costume Manager – Build of Jesus Christ Superstar
The Court Theatre is New Zealand's largest professional theatre company staging at least 15 productions each year. The Court Theatre is a charitable trust and receives funding from the Arts Council of New Zealand, Creative New Zealand, The Christchurch City Council, gaming and grant making trusts and a wide variety of corporate sponsors led by Principal Sponsor, Giesen.
The company regularly wins accolades and is often referred to as the most successful performing arts organisation in New Zealand. It provides a thriving, vibrant, challenging and stimulating environment in which to work.
Casual Costume Manager position
The Costume Manager is responsible for co-ordinating and articulating the costume aspects of Jesus Christ Superstar’s production and for the day to day management of the costume areas and equipment of the Theatre as determined below and by the Production Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake costume design and realise the design of others ensuring that it falls within agreed budgets.
- To collaborate with the designers and director of the production regarding the costume design and make.
- To ensure that all designs are delivered to the production schedule and comply with allocated budgets.
- To attend to the timely recruitment, supervision, discipline and training of all costume staff in consultation with the Production Manager.
- To oversee the activities of those members of staff and to supervise the day to day operation of the Costume Department.
The successful applicant will be pro-active and self-motivated and will need to be an experienced manager and costume maker. This is a position in a creative work environment. The Costume Manager, must comply with and promote, company policies. 5+ year work experience in the industry is required.
- Knowledge and experience of theatre costume construction techniques
- Familiarity with theatrical costume materials and products
- Exemplary approach to costume design and development, problem solving and realisation.
- Creative excellence in the delivery of all work.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
The usual place of work is The Court Theatre, Addington in Christchurch. This is a casual fulltime position (average of 40 hours per week) from August/September to December 2018 (start depending on availability). A willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings is essential.
A full job description is available at: https://courttheatre.org.nz/about-the-court/employment/
Applications close on Sunday 15th July 2018.