Performance Artists 2018
PAWA 2018, 14th-18th November, Wellington City, New Zealand
We are now accepting applications for the second edition of Performance Art Week Aotearoa.
PAWA is a 5 day performance art festival dedicated to showcasing performance artwork from around Aotearoa and the world, developing knowledge and building community connections. We encourage artists to stay for the full week if possible, as our programme includes heaps of awesome opportunities to learn new techniques, network with other artists, and view lots of amazing performance art pieces! PAWA aspires to be an accessible event so most of our events will be koha or low cost.
We are looking to create a diverse programme with durational, participatory, indoor, public, and site-specific performances, alongside workshops, discussions, and other undefinable happenings.
PAWA 2018 is open to range of thematic performance works, as we aim to construct a festival from what artists have to offer; instead of dictating a theme.
play_station gallery and Thistle Hall will be hosting PAWA 2018, however to accommodate for a variety of performances, we are happy to discuss the use of other sites and public spaces.
(This year we are especially interested in showcasing projects that are engaging with public space.)
*This is a festival dedicated to Performance Art NOT Performing Arts, if you are unsure of the definition please refer here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_art
What we can offer?
- PAWA will provide artists with a $100 transport subsidy for all artists coming from outside Wellington.
- PAWA will provide an artist fee for each participating artist that will be a minimum of $50 (more if funding provides).
- PAWA will provide accommodation for any artists coming from outside of Wellington.
- PAWA will provide a free breakfast for four days during the festival.
- As a participating artist you will have free access to all events taking place in the festival.
- PAWA will provide you with high quality photographic documentation of your work.
- If you are interested in holding a workshop or a discussion there will also be a fee provided.