Elephant Publicity are looking for an unpaid intern!
Elephant Publicity creates publicity and marketing for a wide range of clients across arts and entertainment in New Zealand and even internationally. We've worked with the NZ International Comedy Festival, Silo Theatre, Documentary Edge Festival, Art Week, Basement Theatre, Indian Ink, Tour Makers, New Zealand Dance Company, Black Grace, Auckland Live and countless others.
We are looking for a superstar intern with an eye for detail and a strong passion for arts and entertainment.
Intern duties may include:
- Management of giveaways
- Management of opening night lists/RSVPS
- Contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Compiling and updating media reports and other research
- Updating event listing websites
- Provide support at events
- Managing social media and updating the Elephant Publicity website
- Writing and crafting pitches
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have an interest in working in publicity and the entertainment and arts industry
- Have strong communication skills both written and oral
- Be willing to help out with any task, no matter how big or small
- Take initiative but not be afraid to ask for clarification or help
Hours and days can be somewhat flexible, between 10 – 14 hours a week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays for ten weeks starting in late August, until mid November. Perks of the job include free tickets to shows (plus wine and puppy cuddles during the work day).
Applications close 13 August 2018.
Check out our website for more about us http://www.elephantpublicity.co.nz/