Artistic Advisory Panel New Zealand Festival 2020
Established in 1986, the New Zealand Festival is Aotearoa’s largest celebration of cutting-edge culture, presenting multi-artform performances and exhibitions to around 300,000 people every two years over 24 days. The Festival has established itself as a vibrant platform for showcasing work of leading international and New Zealand artists, both as a presenter and commissioner of new works.
In that time, the landscape around the Festival has changed significantly. We have decided that the time is right to evolve the Festival, to ensure it continues to push creative boundaries, produce and present work of global significance, and carve a distinct identity. We are inviting you to come with us on this journey.
As the national contemporary arts festival in New Zealand, we believe it is important to respect and consider a diverse range of artistic perspectives. We are therefore establishing an Artistic Advisory Panel that will work alongside our Creative Director, Marnie Karmelita, and Board representative, Elizabeth Kerr, as the 2020 Festival programme develops.
We are seeking practising New Zealand and Pasifika artists to be part of the Artistic Advisory Panel for the 2020 Festival. We invite Aotearoa’s artistic community to join the conversation, offering invaluable insight from their respective areas of expertise.
The next Festival is scheduled for 21 February – 15 March 2020.
- Attend four meetings over two years prior to the Festival, ie in the period approximately September 2018 – April 2020. Meetings will be held at Festival HQ:
Te Auaha, Level 3, Room 3.07
65 Dixon Street
- Attend additional creative events as required, such as work-in-development showings, programme launches and, of course, the Festival itself.
- Provide feedback to the Creative Director as required on new artists, programme selection, works-in-development, and post-performance reflections on the New Zealand Festival 2020.
- Renumeration is a fee of $1000+GST, plus reasonable travel expenses. Festival attendance will be expected, but tickets provided.
- Panel members will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement at the start of their term.
- All final programming decisions will rest with the Creative Director.