Design Assembly is a community for New Zealand designers. Design Assembly supports designers to be connected, educated and inspired on their individual journey's.
We do this through website articles, social media discussion and a program of national events and workshops.
We are looking for an experienced marketing person to work alongside the director on the overall strategic direction to take the organisation to the next level - focusing on community growth and engagement.
You will have:
- An interest in design
- Ideally experience in the design field
Day to day this role requires you to:
- Take ownership of the website content creation, management and liaison with contributors, advertisers and partners
- Deliver consumer communications utilising email, social media and advertising, so hands on social media account management is essential
Overall the role requires you to:
- Conduct a review of the content strategy
- Work with the director to contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organisation
- Write a marketing strategy to grow the community and participation in events and workshops
- Execute and optimise the plan to maximise results
Key KPIs for this role will be:
- Increasing subscriber participation in community events
- Increasing attendance numbers for workshops
- Increasing the number of subscribers to the community
- Increasing website traffic and time spent on site
This is a part-time role. Starting with 1-2 days per week (based on experience).
This role can grow to up to 30 hours per week over the next 12 months (commission based - leading to extended contact hours)
You will have the ability to set your own hours and days.
If needed, all school holidays can be taken off work.
Hourly rate to be discussed, based on experience.
Start date: 1 December 2018
Please note: You must be a permanent New Zealand resident to apply for this position.
How to apply
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org