Executive Director, Script to Screen
The Executive Director’s role is to provide strong leadership for the organisation, design, direct and manage the large programme of events and initiatives including Big Screen Symposium, nurture individual filmmaker participants and alumni, and manage staff and contractors.
Esther Cahill-Chiaroni has been in the role of ED for the past eight years and we will look for someone who can continue the work she has done to shape Script To Screen into an organisation with a pivotal role in New Zealand in the development and enhancement of the creative craft of storytelling for the screen.
Leadership, creative planning and programme design and industry relationships are key strengths needed for the role. Innovative thinking and an ability to encapsulate the values and principles with which Script to Screen work are also invaluable.
The Executive Director must have proficient knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experience working in and a strong understanding of the arts or film and television sector;
- Experience managing projects from conception to completion;
- Experience overseeing or implementing communications/publicity;
- Management experience;
- Proven organisational skills;
- Knowledge of accounts and general office management;
- A demonstrated commitment to staff management, the development of more junior staff and the mentoring and training of those staff members;
- Proactively delegate work and properly supervise such delegation.
Script to Screen has its office in Ponsonby in Auckland and the successful applicant will be required to be Auckland based.
The successful applicant will be announced in November and the start date for the role will be late January 2019.