- Fast-paced, exciting arts management role
- Use your exceptional relationship skills to manage our national and international touring programme
- Combine your interest in classical music with your work
The New Zealand String Quartet has an outstanding opening for an experienced Arts Manager to continue to build our reputation and profile in New Zealand and internationally. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in the ongoing success of one of New Zealand’s foremost performing arts groups.
Regularly touring throughout New Zealand, North America and Europe, the New Zealand String Quartet Trust has achieved a formidable reputation as one of New Zealand’s leading international ensembles.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, and working closely with the full time members of the quartet and two administrative staff members, you will be responsible for the smooth management of our current season, and the forward planning and management of future seasons, tours and major projects. This includes the operational and financial success of the Quartet’s activities.
Your outstanding relationship skills will strengthen our fundraising and income-producing activities through building individual, corporate, and government support, and enable you to lead new initiatives for partnership and audience development. As an experienced leader you will ensure the smooth running of our Wellington office. You will bring:
- A passion for the arts and dedication to high artistic standards
- Outstanding ability to build and maintain relationships with musicians, audiences and sponsors
- Five or more years’ experience in arts management, ideally with a professional touring ensemble
- Dynamic leadership with a high level of energy and versatility
- International experience, handling high-level contact with agents and publicists
- Demonstrated success working with a Board in an arts organisation
- Proven track record in fundraising, along with experience in budgeting and fiscal management.
This role is full-time and permanent and you must be able to work in New Zealand to apply.
Position Description: : If this role interests you, the position description is available at https://tinyurl.com/ycbhzdc8