Hidden in Christchurch’s suburb of Addington is New Zealand’s largest theatre company. In it’s post-earthquake refuge “The Shed” - an old grain silo - is a magical world of happiness, laughter, drama and intrigue.
Inside the walls of The Shed is a diverse and dynamic team of 60 permanent staff plus hundreds of artists and artisans who produce some 19 productions each year. Over 150,000 theatre-going customers enter through our doors each year to feast on the varied offerings of works, all created and produced on site.
The Court Theatre is your theatre, whoever you are. Would you like to come and be part of our team?
The Finance Manager prepares regular and requested accounting and management information, manages payroll and accounting processes. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services/CFO, the Finance Manager is a key tier three leadership role that works collegially across the company to ensure our ongoing sustainability.
You will need:
- Demonstrated accounting and finance experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum - NZQF Level 6)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sound knowledge of accountancy, including systems, methodologies, techniques and technology
- Sound organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding and previous experience of working with Xero.
A knowledge of theatre is not a pre-requisite - we will train!
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Susan Rendall, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Friday 30 November 2018
We will be reviewing applications on Monday 3 December at 10.00 am, with interviews to follow shortly thereafter. We look forward to hearing from you!