Administrator & Fundraising Assistant
Join our team!
Our new Administrator and Fundraising Assistant will work directly alongside our Gallery Director in the day-to-day running of the Gallery, including basic administration and applying for grants and fundraising schemes. This is an existing role, and the post-holder will have a chance to shape it according to their skills and interests.
- Administration and support. Basic financial administration including processing sales, banking, keeping an up-to-date database, cash handling. Liaising with suppliers and artists.
- Acting as a general assistant to the Director, taking calls, emails, etc.
- Monitoring fundraising calendars and seeking out new fundraising avenues to explore.
- Filling out applications & answering application queries (audits).
- Compile monthly reports of fundraising activities.
- 1 year minimum experience in basic financial administration. Ideally, some of this experience would be from the not-for-profit sector.
- 1 years minimum experience in a customer service role.
- Experience in applying for funding and grants.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Familiarity with MailChimp, social media sites, and/or Xero would be excellent.
- An interest in working in a fine-arts/cultural institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Good organisational skills.
- IT literacy.
- Ability to project the vision of the Wallace Gallery and to understand and appreciate our community.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Positive, proactive approach to work and a team player.