Marketing and Sponsorship Leader
Are you a well organised person with a passion for the arts and the Hutt? Are you calm and capable under pressure and know your way around a Marketing and Sponsorship plan? Do you love spreading the word about events, meeting tight deadlines, developing fruitful sponsorship relationships and bringing it all together to support a great community arts event? You could be the Marketing and Sponsorship Leader we’re looking for!
The Hutt Winter Festival is a community arts festival featuring a range of Hutt and Wellington based artists and community groups. The aim of the festival is to connect people through arts and culture, provide a fun, family friendly, accessible programme of events and raise the visibility of the arts in Lower Hutt.
We are looking for a Marketing and Sponsorship Leader to lead the marketing of the festival and generate sponsorship, working closely with Hutt City Council’s Community Arts Advisor.
This is a part time, fixed term position running from January 2019 to August 2019.
Hutt Winter Festival dates: 15 – 17 August 2019
Venues: Various venues across Lower Hutt with key events at Walter Nash Centre in Taita, Koraunui Stokes Valley Community Hub and Wainuiomata Community Hub.
Time commitment: The first 2 months will involve approximately 10 hours per week identifying sponsorship strategies and securing relationships. Managing the relationships will be ongoing as required. There will be a quiet time before picking up for three months from May to mid - July working approximately 10 hours per week, focused on developing and delivering a marketing strategy leading up to the festival. From mid - July to mid - August there will be approximately 20 hours a week, and post festival there will be 10 hours winding up and evaluation.
Remuneration: The contract is worth $10,000 with potential to earn additional bonuses: $2,500 for securing the target sponsorship figure of $60,000, and a further bonus of $500 for exceeding that figure by $5000 or more.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To lead marketing and sponsorship of the Hutt Winter Festival 2019. To develop relationships that raise at least $60,000 worth of sponsorship to cover production, marketing and programming costs and raise the profile of the festival across the Hutt valley and wider Wellington region through a well-designed and delivered marketing strategy. The success of the festival depends on securing great sponsorship support and getting the word out far and wide.
General duties involve
- Marketing and sponsorship planning, scheduling, administration and execution
- Liaising with design and print contractors
- Communication and liaison with artists and community groups involved in the event
- Working alongside other members of the Hutt Winter Festival team to market and promote the event
- Identify potential sponsors and secure financial and in kind support for the festival
- The Marketing and Sponsorship timeline is developed and managed to keep participants, contractors and HWF personnel on schedule
- Liaison with the festival Art Director, marketing and PR team is clear, efficient, timely and thorough
- Sponsorship worth at least $60,000 is raised
- Multi-year sponsorship relationships are secured or convincing proposals developed
- Participants and audiences are well informed about the event
- 'Calls to actions' are clear and motivate people to respond
- Successfully market the event to attract full or near full capacity crowds
- Performers are clear about their promotional requirements
- Marketing and promotional opportunities are identified and booked/secured in a timely manner
- Liaise with the festival marketing team as needed
- Contribution to post festival debrief and reporting is thorough, useful and timely
The position of Marketing and Sponsorship Leader is directly responsible to the Community Arts Advisor, Hutt City Council.
They will work in collaboration with other festival team members such as the Project Manager and Publicist.