Toi Whakaari has an exciting opportunity for two full-time Tutors with an understanding of the artistry required to be effective leaders and managers in the performing arts. The successful applicants will join our teaching staff and help deliver and shape new content for the sought-after Bachelor of Performing Arts (Management) programme.
Toi Whakaari is New Zealand’s oldest drama school and is the leading educator of screen, stage and event professionals in the country. Toi Whakaari aspires to be one of the great performing arts schools of the world while developing a teaching and working practice that is uniquely New Zealand.
To be successful in this role you will be a passionate, experienced and accomplished professional who is able to work collaboratively across departments. You will be known as an expert in your field, well connected within the industry and you will be expected to carry that forward in all areas of the role. You will support the Head of Management to review and develop the Bachelor of Performing Arts (Management) programme and will be expected to provide sound assessment, feedback, and support to students throughout their journey at Toi Whakaari
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor degree in a related field along with relevant skills and experience
- Proven ability to working in a creative and collaborative environment
- A minimum of five years professional practice in producing for performance/screen/event/festival and/or equivalent management experience in the creative sector;
It would also be great if you:
- Had strong industry networks
- Are able to demonstrate teaching experience and a commitment to student development and care in a higher learning environment
- Are an active researcher with the capability and passion to contribute to Toi Whakaari’s industry and community driven research
Toi Whakaari prizes collaboration and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to work positively in group contexts. An interest in working within a tikanga marae framework and an understanding and appreciation of te ao Maori would be an advantage.
All Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
How to apply
To apply (or to enquire further about this opportunity), please click here.