Rei Foundation Limited (RFL) is a charitable company with the values of advancing human dignity and celebrating human diversity. In line with these values, RFL collaborates with diverse partners in New Zealand and internationally to facilitate positive development for communities and individuals. RFL is seeking a Communications Officer for a one-year fixed-term contract to ensure RFL's values and work and effectively communicated and that RFL's messaging and image are consistently communicated externally, as well as to facilitate a new accessibility (inclusivity) policy for RFL.
12 months (extendable depending on the first year performance and fund availability)
Summary of key functions:
RFL communications officer will ensure:
- RFL's values and work are correctly and effectively communicated externally
- RFL's messages and image are consistent when communicated to outside parties
- RFL’s operational environment, projects and project outputs are as inclusive (accessible) as possible based on the core international human rights instruments.
- Assisting with the development of an external communication strategy for disseminating the information on (the impact of) RFL’s work
- Assisting with the development of RFL internal quality and style standards for communications/publications
- Conducting technical review of all publications, including website, to ensure that the content meets the RFL internal quality and style standards
- Developing speeches, public statements and other publications including media releases
- Managing website administration, social media and other transmission of information
- Communicating with the project partners to ensure RFL’s visibility in all supported projects and events
- Maintaining solid working relationship with the project partners and key stakeholders
- Documenting projects for internal use and for distribution
- Facilitating the installment of RFL accessibility policy
- Organizing accessibility assessment by an external consultant and assisting the implementation of recommendations
- Organizing staff and project partners training upon necessity
- Any other duties as requested and tasked by the RFL program coordinator.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in the advertising industry or professional/creative writing or equivalent
- Competencies in planning, organizing as well as entrepreneurial thinking
- Interest in arts, cultural, social and international issues, and interest in social change
- Strong interest in accessibility issues
- Excellent inter-cultural, inter-personal communication skills
- Knowledge of Te Reo Māori and another language will be an asset
Salary range of NZ$55,000 - $65,000 depending on experience.
For more information about RFL, see our website http://www.reifoundation.com.