Artistic Administrator & Company Manager
As New Zealand’s national opera company, we are working to transform the world of our audience through an experience of opera that connects, engages and empowers reflection on our human condition. We are in the process of redefining our purpose, vision and strategic plan. This has created an exciting opportunity for us to recruit talented people to contribute to the future of opera in Aotearoa.
Reporting to the Director of Artistic Operations we are looking to recruit an Artistic Administrator & Company Manager to be responsible for coordinating all planning elements of the artistic work of the organisation including performance schedules and budgets. This vital role manages all travel arrangements and provides logistical support for productions, events and the day to day running of artistic matters.
We are looking for a person with the following principal attributes and skills:
- Relevant tertiary degree and/or experience in a cultural organisation
- At least three years relevant work experience
- Good knowledge and appreciation of opera or the performing arts
- Strong administrative and computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office suite and databases; ability to quickly learn new software programmes e.g. Arts Vision
- Highly skilled and effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain high quality relationships that result in mutual benefit
- Knowledge and experience of budgeting
- Must be organised and able to demonstrate an ability to prioritise and balance competing demands
- Ability to collaborate with others and promote cross team work
If you are an experienced and highly organised arts administrator looking for your next role, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close at 12.00 noon on Monday 17 December 2018.