Director Marketing & Development
As New Zealand’s national opera company, we are working to transform the world of our audience through an experience of opera that connects, engages and empowers reflection on our human condition. We are in the process of redefining our purpose, vision and strategic plan. This has created an exciting opportunity for us to recruit talented people to contribute to the future of opera in Aotearoa.
Reporting to the General Director we are looking to recruit a Director of Marketing & Development who is a member of the Senior Management Team. This is a new role responsible for bringing together the marketing and development teams, and providing strategic leadership across these areas.
The successful applicant will lead the development and implementation of marketing, communications and development strategies to enable us to:
- Increase and diversify audiences
- Maximise all income streams
- Increase visibility and brand awareness
We are looking for a person with the following principal attributes and skills:
- At least ten years marketing and/or development experience, preferably in a cultural organisation
- Experience in leveraging strategic partnerships to increase marketing reach and revenue
- An ability to take initiative and to think strategically and creatively
- Experience in using up-to-date marketing research and insight to inform strategy
- Knowledge and experience of the fundraising environment in New Zealand
- Knowledge of social media marketing and trends at a strategic level
- An ability to develop and maintain high quality relationships that result in mutual benefit
- Excellent listening, verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Proven track record of developing and managing budgets
- Proven track record of managing people and resources using strategies to ensure the development and retention of highly skilled staff
- Ability to collaborate with others and promote cross team work
- A good appreciation and knowledge of opera
If you are an experienced Marketing and Development professional, this is an opportunity to use your knowledge and experience to create strategies that will make a significant impact on New Zealand’s national opera company.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Monday 21 January 2019.