- Premier performing arts organisation
- Varied and busy role, a key member of the marketing team
- Based in central Wellington
Founded in 1946, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra (NZSO) is New Zealand’s national orchestra. One of the world’s oldest national symphony orchestras, it has charmed audiences with memorable concerts and recordings for 71 years.
Today, the NZSO is recognised as an outstanding orchestra of international stature. It continues to grow and develop artistically, taking a challenging and varied programme of music to communities throughout New Zealand. In 2016 the NZSO was nominated for Best Orchestral Performance at the prestigious Grammy Awards.
As the Marketing Executive, you will play a pivotal role within a small, busy and fun marketing team, whose focus is on increasing the profile and patronage of the NZSO and engaging a greater and more diverse range of audiences through the delivery of marketing activities using both digital and traditional channels.
Just some of the interesting aspects of the role will include:
- contributing to the development and implementation of marketing campaigns for all concert series and projects
- managing the production processes for all marketing collateral
- assisting with the development of NZSO’s digital communications, including website, online marketing and social media management
- creating collateral in line with NZSO’s brand guidelines
- developing tactical advertising and other promotional activity, including media scheduling, cooperative advertising and promotions
- implementing short-term and long-term digital plans to align with NZSO’s marketing strategy
- assisting the Marketing Manager with cost activities and monitoring budgets, ensuring budgets are adhered to and that all costs are recorded
- monitoring and reporting on campaign performances
It is an exciting time to join the organisation as there is a lot on the agenda and the pace is fast. We are therefore seeking a self-starter with energy, creativity and fresh ideas to contribute to the great work the marketing team are already doing.
- Marketing knowledge and experience in a similar position, with a tertiary degree in marketing, communications and/or design
- Creative, with an acute eye for design, image and style
- Good understanding of digital and social media platforms and current industry trends
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Results focused with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise, manage time and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A natural relationship builder who instils confidence at all levels, both internally and externally to the organisation
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- ‘Tech savvy’, with demonstrated experience with MS Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Google Analytics and ideally experience working with CMS
- A good sense of humour and positive attitude
- Willingness to travel and attend after hours functions, including concerts, as required