Communications & Events Manager (25 hours per week)
Museums Aotearoa is the membership organisation for Aotearoa New Zealand’s museums and art galleries, with around 200 member institutions, reaching over 1500 individuals. We are a small and nimble professional association dedicated to supporting our nation’s museums and art galleries to thrive. Our activities include advocacy on behalf of the sector; the provision of publications, advice and professional development opportunities for members; and coordinating data gathering, research, networking events and an annual conference.
We’re currently looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our team of three staff as Communications and Events Manager. In this role you will:
- Create and deliver communications strategies to support MA initiatives
- Lead a refreshment of the MA website, and manage the website’s ongoing growth alongside social media channels
- Prepare and produce regular MA communications, and regularly review their impact and usefulness
- Contribute to delivery of member events, including the annual conference, throughout the country
This role will suit someone with a passion for great communication and an interest in museums and galleries or the wider cultural sector. We are looking for a fresh perspective from someone who:
- Thinks strategically about communication, and has a flair for storytelling
- Has experience managing both web and print communication channels
- Is competent in a bicultural environment
- Will enjoy working with the diverse membership of Museums Aotearoa, ranging from major national museums to small volunteer-run organisations
- Will bring a fresh perspective to our work
- Is well-organised and detail focused, able to work independently and apply good judgement
- Demonstrates a commitment to their own learning and continuous improvement
In return, we offer an unparalleled opportunity to learn about the museum industry, freedom to experiment and innovate, and professional development opportunities to increase your skills and knowledge.
The role is based in our Tory Street office, Wellington. This is a permanent part-time role, with some flexibility around when hours are worked. Some travel is required in this role.
Check out the Job Description for more details.