Philanthropy & Grants Manager
As New Zealand’s national opera company, we are working to transform the world of our audience through an experience of opera that connects, engages and empowers reflection on our human condition. We are in the process of redefining our purpose, vision and strategic plan. This has created an exciting opportunity for us to recruit talented people to contribute to the future of opera in Aotearoa.
Reporting to the Director Marketing & Development we are looking to recruit a Philanthropy & Grants Manager who is responsible for conceiving and managing all aspects of New Zealand Opera’s strategy to ensure that income from both individuals and grant applications is maximised and that relationships are managed and are mutually beneficial.
We are looking for a person with the following principal attributes and skills:
- At least five years proven success of working as a fundraiser, preferably in a cultural or not for profit organisation
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment in New Zealand
- Experience of Tessitura or other similar CRM system
- Highly skilled and effective communicator with excellent listening, oral and written communication skills as well as good negotiation skills
- Proven success in face to face solicitations and relationship building
- Ability to develop and maintain high quality relationships that result in mutual benefit
- Very well organised, able to manage and prioritise a diverse range of donor relationships throughout the year
- Proven track record of managing people and resources using strategies to ensure the development and retention of highly skilled staff
- Ability to collaborate with others and promote cross team work
If you are a fundraising professional who would love to use your experience and knowledge in developing strategy, building relationships and managing a team to help New Zealand’s national opera company thrive, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Monday 18 February 2019.