The New Zealand Dance Company seeks high-quality applicants with a minimum of 5 years’ experience for a full-time position as our Relationship Manager on a fixed term contract for 2019.
We are a vibrant young arts company funded by Creative New Zealand. We are committed to creating a sustainable, permanent, high-calibre dance company, with an Auckland home that contributes to the fabric of NZ culture and is dedicated to nurturing NZ’s finest contemporary dance practitioners.
Your primary role will be to successfully secure sponsorships, partnerships and donations to support the Company’s programme of activity, and to help maintain the relationships with each of our sponsors, partners, donors and funders.
You will work alongside Chief Executive/Artistic Director, Shona McCullagh and other staff and Board members to secure sponsorships, partnerships and funding for the seasons and tours of The New Zealand Dance Company as well as all associated events, which may include special previews, fundraising galas and opening night events, and community and education outreach initiatives.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
· Leading and taking overall responsibility for the Company’s fundraising events and philanthropy programme.
· Managing a diverse set of relationships to create opportunities for productive engagement with existing and potential donors, sponsors, trusts and foundations.
· Developing and implementing a qualified lead process so our limited resources are focussed on high-quality potential supporters.
· Aligning our strategies and activity to maintain a fresh and effective profile with supporters and potential supporters.
· Growing the Company’s revenue from donor, philanthropic and corporate sources.
· Maintenance and development of the data that emerges from, and / or supports, our fundraising activities.
· Attendance at networking events as necessary.
Essential skills required for the role include:
· A minimum of five years relevant successful experience.
· Proven relationship management skills.
· Proven knowledge and understanding of the arts fundraising landscape.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills – a confident communicator.
· The ability to work closely with the management, artistic and other multi-disciplinary teams as required.
· A systematic, methodical and organized working style with strong administrative skills.
We would love you to bring a passion for the performing arts. You will likely have an undergraduate degree in PR, event management or marketing. You will be an energetic, self-motivated and resilient personality. You will ideally have basic graphic design and / or presentation skills, and database management exposure at a practical level.
This is an exciting opportunity to help solidify the foundation of a young NZ arts company. You will enjoy our collaborative and professional environment, and contribute to our collective achievements.