ONE YEAR FIXED-TERM FULL TIME / 37.5 Hours Per Week
ST PAUL St Gallery AUT is looking for a one year fixed-term full time Curatorial Assistant. The Curatorial Assistant works to support the development and delivery of the all Gallery's programmes. This includes maintaining procedures and systems which ensure the effective and efficient administrative operation of ST PAUL St Gallery. The role also has scope to support and contribute to the development of aspects of the programme of exhibitions, events and publications.
The role is carried out in a shared and busy office environment that is connected to the Gallery space. During opening hours all Gallery staff are expected to field enquiries from students, staff and the general public regarding exhibitions, programmes etcetera as well as continue with their other work. The role requires flexibility in working hours, tasks undertaken, a high level of focus and the ability to manage interruptions professionally. Knowledge in contemporary art and design is required as is the ability to work both independently and collectively.
Key Skills Sought:
- Knowledge of contemporary visual art and design (from the Aotearoa/Asia-Pacific region).
- Experience and proficiency in assisting and dealing with people at all levels with a variety of problems and queries.
- Knowledge of current gallery administration and practice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in maintaining an appropriate presence through social media channels.
- Experience with 'Squizz Matrix' or minimum two years experience with other CMS programmes.
- Experience in design for web and print.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and design software such as Adobe suite and audio editing software.
The successful applicant should have:
- A formal qualification at degree level and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- A high level of organisational and time management skills
- Experience with event co-ordination
- Ability to prioritise tasks and communicate these to other team members
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The salary on offer will depend on the successful candidate's skills, experience and qualifications. Any queries should be directed to Gallery Director Charlotte Huddleston: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that while we are happy to answer your questions, we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process, here.
Auckland University of Technology is an EEO employer, we are committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to equity. AUT aspires to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process, here.