Marketing and Fundraising Manager
Help shape the future of one of New Zealand’s outstanding arts organisations.
We’re looking for someone to join a thriving, high-capacity environment as we celebrate thirty years of delivering great experiences for artists and audiences.
The BATS Marketing and Fundraising Manager will join an exciting year of engagement with a wide cross section of our communities. You will work closely with the General Manager and the core management team to grow audience awareness, community engagement and our strategic development.
We recognise that the world is rapidly changing and that we can provide leadership in how arts practice evolves. Into the future we wish to maximise the use of our beautiful refurbished home as we champion diversity with dynamism, create pathways for the young, and empower artists toward a sustainable future.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively to ensure BATS remains at the beating heart of the arts in Wellington.
You’ll be involved in:
- Managing marketing and publicity of BATS Theatre
- Liaison with our shows and festivals to support marketing and publicity
- Audience development and community engagement
- Fundraising activities including grant applications, donor recruitment, developing corporate partnerships and organising fundraising initiatives and events
- Driving BATS web and social media presence
Desired Skills / Experience
- Website CMS management
- Analytical and financial knowledge
- Strong written communication/copywriting skills
- Relationship management
- Visual/digital communication design skills
- Database management for fundraising purposes
- Graphic design
- Skilled advocate for the arts
- Arts marketing knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Basic knowledge of theatre production
- Experience in arts marketing an asset
- An understanding of the BATS philosophy
BATS Theatre is a uniquely Wellington institution and one of New Zealand’s strongest and oldest developmental theatres. Since 1989, our kaupapa has been to provide a supportive, professional theatre venue that fosters the development of practitioners, audiences and New Zealand performance work while remaining accessible to all. We lead the sector in providing the gateway through which new networks and skills are encouraged for the creative growth and development of Theatre in New Zealand.
The ideal start date is early March 2019.
This is a year long fixed term contract.