AT Community Bike Fund
The Auckland Transport (AT) Community Bike Fund is NOW OPEN and groups can apply for between $300 to $5000.
The AT Community Bike Fund is to support community initiatives that encourage more people to ride bikes more often in Auckland, especially new riders. Funding is available for community-focussed projects that encourage riding a bike as a regular transport choice, and/or improve cycle safety, and contribute to the normalisation of cycling in Auckland.
We encourage any community group to consider making an application. Even if they don’t currently include cycling in their group/activities, this grant could be an opportunity for groups to consider how they could possibly encourage riding a bike, within their community. The AT Cycling and Walking Team are available to help support groups with their applications.
With this fund, AT aims to:
- Encourage and support people new to riding bikes.
- Further normalise cycling as a viable mode of transport.
- Support local people to encourage riding within their own communities.
- Support initiatives that showcase new cycleways to local people.
- Develop and encourage community participation in cycling.
- Support an increase in cycle safety.
- Encourage community collaboration and partnerships.
- Encourage everyday journeys by bike.
- Empower groups to champion cycling within their community.
How much and when
The grant will be available in two rounds during 2018/19.
Groups can apply for grants from $300 up to $5,000.
- Opened Monday 26 November 2018, at 8am.
- Closed Sunday 16 December 2018, at 11:59pm.
- Opens Monday 4 February 2019, at 8am.
- Closes Sunday 3 March 2019, at 11.59pm.
All projects must be completed by 30 June 2019.