Exhibition Graphic Designer - Tuia 250
The scope for this programme of work has two parts.
A) Develop the brand identity for the exhibition and promotional material. Use the brand to design promotional assets as required.
B) Provide 2D design expertise to create the graphic elements that will be printed and included as part of the NZMM Tuia 250 exhibition. The graphic design elements will have to work in harmony with the spatial design, to showcase the exhibition objects, taonga, contemporary art works and installations
Brand and promotional elements
- Work with the exhibition project team and NZMM marketing team to develop a graphic identity for the exhibition and promotional material.
- Provide promotional designs for feedback, in a timely manner as required by the marketing team.
- Develop agreed designs through to print ready files. The promotional assets include:
- Brand identity guideline/style guide
- Large format signage
- Digital assets
- Printed marketing material
- Advertisements of various sizes
- Work with the exhibition project team to develop a design look and structure that aligns with the curatorial lnarrative.
- Provide exhibition designs for feedback, in a timely manner as required by the project manager.
- Develop agreed designs through to print ready files including but not limited to entrance signage, segmentals, text and graphic panels, labels, instructionals, and walltreatments.
- Recommend the print process and timeline, ensuring timely and cost-effective delivery of the graphic components for the exhibition.
- Recommend materials and finishes that are at an appropriate level and are sustainable for the life of the installation.
- Document the graphic design components for reference including: font, colour palette, print specifications, mediums and print materials.
- Required to participate in team meetings and report fortnightly
Note: During this project you will be required to work closely with:
- Project manager
- Curatorial team
- Spatial designer (exhibition)
- Lighting designer
- Marketing team