City Campus, Christchurch
Full time, Permanent
- Provide academic leadership in Performing Arts
- Manage staff, resources and operations
- Promote and facilitate research
Ara Institute of Canterbury is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Our talented staff, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in our students' success.
Ara has a strong regional and national reputation as a provider of a high quality degree programmes in a range of fields. Within the Creative Industries, Performing Arts includes diploma, degree and postgraduate programmes in Music Arts (popular, contemporary and jazz) and Music Theatre (National Academy of Singing and Dramatic Arts), both taught by a team of experienced performers and teachers who are dedicated to equipping students with the skills needed to succeed in the performing arts.
This is a rare opening for an exceptional performing arts practitioner, with experience and mana in Performing Arts education and management, preferably in a tertiary education context. You will thrive with this unique opportunity to inspire our students and contribute to the development of a vibrant arts sector within our city and internationally.
This role will suit a dynamic leader with excellent communication and management skills. You will develop, share and implement a vision for Performing Arts at Ara that will link with other programmes across Creative Industries and the wider Institute, and serve the future needs of the city, region and country.
- Ensure the delivery of quality education programmes
- Lead and manage operational requirements of Performing Arts
- Manage staff including induction, capability development, research outputs
- Empower, inspire, engage, develop
- Financial monitoring and reporting of operating budgets.
- Meet compliance requirements
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders in arts communities and industries
- Oversee cutting edge specialist facilities
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, preferably with postgraduate/research experience
- Understand the requirements of capability-based, applied education in the Performing Arts context
- Successful teaching experience including future oriented programme development
- Ability to facilitate research at the cutting edge
- Well-honed leadership and management skills
Enjoy excellent employment conditions, professional and skill development, a great central city location and access to modern on-site facilities including Gym/Recreation Centre with free staff yoga and group fitness sessions, Library, Visions on Campus Restaurant, two Childcare Centres and a Health Centre.
We accept applications via our online application system. For a job description and/or to apply online please visit http://www.ara.ac.nz/about-us/work-at-ara
If you have any queries in relation to the vacancy or application process, please contact the People and Culture team via PeopleandCulture@ara.ac.nz or 03 940 8623. Emailed applications will not be considered.
Applications close on Sunday, 31 March 2019.