Residency for NZ artist at Gasworks, London
Applications are now open for a residency for a NZ artist at Gasworks, London. This opportunity will enable an early/mid-career New Zealand artist to undertake a fully-funded residency at Gasworks in London from 30 September – 16 December 2019 (11 weeks). Gasworks’ residencies are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange and experimentation.
The Residency Comprises
- 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence)
- Basic living expenses in London
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
- Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours)
Applications will close on Tuesday 2 April 2019 (5pm UK time) and the recipient will be announced in early May.
This Residency is co-organised by Jan Warburton Charitable Trust and Stephanie Post, with the support of David and Libby Richwhite, Josephine and Ross Green and the many individuals who make up the NZ Friends of Gasworks, in collaboration with Creative New Zealand and Elam School of Fine Arts, the University of Auckland.