Place Creative navigates the complexities of local government and urban environments to create great places and thriving communities. We specialise in place activation and strategy, tactical urbanism, innovative community engagement and creative responses to construction.
We work with local government and other agencies to;
- Unlock the potential of a place and strengthen community through events and activities.
- Undertake meaningful engagement to get perspectives from a wide range of people.
- Quickly and cheaply trial changes to the built environment as a way inform future investment and engage stakeholders
- Use creative methods to mitigate the impacts of construction to ensure areas remain great places to work, live, visit or do business.
For examples of our work go to www.placecreative.co.nz
Currently we are working on two large city centre infrastructure projects - The Downtown Programme and Karanagahape Road Enhancement Project. The focus of this role will be assisting on these projects to ensure the development sites are coherent, tidy and people can navigate them easily and safely.
This role involves:
- Undertaking weekly project site audits; checking site fencing, tidiness, wayfinding positioning
- Documenting each audit thoroughly (notes + photos)
- Liaising with project team members
- Support with stakeholder engagement activities
- Being outdoors during Audits (rain or shine)
This part-time role is ideal for a Urban Planning, Urban Design or Architecture student or recent graduate with:
- A passion for urbanism, place making and community development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and use initiative
- Spatial sensibility/understanding
- Experience in community engagement, event organisation, administration (advantageous but not critical) 0
- A willingness to learn and the flexibility to undertake new projects/challenges as they arise
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign + Illustrator)
- Fluency in google apps (Docs, Sheets, Calendar etc)
This role is part time (8-10h per week) is based from our office in Eden Terrace and the contract will be 6 months initially.
Place Creative offers a living wage and a weekly HOP card stipend or contributions towards bike maintenance to help you get to and from K Road, Downtown and Eden Terrace.