Hours: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Chamber Music New Zealand is the leading presenter of top quality chamber music concerts in Aotearoa. Founded in 1950, CMNZ is one of the oldest national arts organisations. We exist to engage, nurture and inspire both audiences and artists alike through a wide range of activities including an international artist touring programme and extensive community and education initiatives.
Our mission is to be leaders in nurturing an understanding of ensemble music, deliver and share quality world-class musical experiences throughout Aotearoa, provide opportunities that encourage participation and enrich the audience experience, foster diversity, creativity and innovation through live music performance and encourage, support and advocate for New Zealand performers and composers.
About the role
The Artistic Manager's role is to lead our strategy to ensure artistic excellence and vitality for chamber music in New Zealand.
In this important role you will:
- identify, nurture, promote and develop New Zealand artists, ensembles and composers:
- develop and produce all artistic brands for CMNZ:
- manage and oversee regional concert network:
- develop and execute artist contracts:
- oversee the education and outreach framework:
- oversee the Chamber Music Contest:
- oversee national operations
- Exceptional relationship management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build successful working relationships
- Outstanding written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences
- Proven administration and research skills
- Sound problem solving skills and judgement
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multitask
- Good knowledge of repertoire and musicians
- Ability to think outside the square but also to work within a framework and to a deadline
- Sound understanding and familiarity with computer systems, databases, web technology and social media
- Successful experience in managing and developing staff
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts
- Ability to manage and monitor budgets
How to apply
To apply: Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 12 April at 5.00pm.
Position description: If you have questions or would like further details and a position description please email email@example.com