Producer | Auckland Live
- Join New Zealand's leading arts and live entertainment organisation
- Bring your creative ideas to activate the vibrant culture of Auckland's arts venues
- Inspire and engage with all Aucklanders and visitors to Auckland
Auckland Live is the home of performing arts and entertainment in Auckland. We manage and programme the Aotea Centre, The Civic, Auckland Town Hall, Bruce Mason Centre, Queens Wharf and Aotea Square presenting the best of national and international performing arts and entertainment, as well as a range of community-focused programmes that all contribute towards a culturally-rich Auckland.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Under the direction of the Manager, Programme Development, the Producer will be responsible for managing the planning and delivery of a range of live performance events. You will also maintain partnerships with key professional artists and performing arts organisations and festivals. Your responsibilities will range from the long term planning of events and programmes, to contract negotiation and project management.
He kōrero mōu: About you
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience working in an event management or producing capacity in a performing arts environment
- Contract management background relating to artists, venues and/or artistic contractors
- Knowledge of the New Zealand arts environment including its stakeholders and key contacts
- Experience in the creative process as it relates to the delivery of performing arts events
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
An ability to work well in a team and maintain strong relationships are paramount to success in this role. You will have a confident approach and be able to communicate effectively using a range of methods. You will also demonstrate a willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
Working for a team that encourages accountability, growth and development, you'll get plenty of chances to showcase your talents and make your mark.
As part of the Regional Facilities Auckland whānau, your work will help to enrich the lives of Aucklanders and will directly impact residents and visitors to our city. You will also have access to a large number of partnership benefits and discounts including food and retail, health services, and an annual pass to Auckland Zoo.
Please apply online through our career site here
Applications close Wednesday 3 April.
Please click here for a copy of the position description.
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.