This exceptional Venue is located in Kerikeri in wonderful Bay of Islands. The Venue covers a number of spaces for hire and they range from 400 seated Auditorium to spacious Event Centre, Theatre Bar and Community Theatre.
About the Role
- To be the primary contact in handling all Event related customer inquiries, bookings, quoting, pricing, operational, setting up production schedules and providing detailed information in a timely manner.
- To work with customers and hirers with reference to production requirements
- To work with and negotiate with Promoters, Producers and Event Organisers and Community organisations.
- Developing and documenting detailed event plans and ensuring milestones in relation to the event are met. Overseeing and producing all bookings and invoicing.
- Supervising and setting up appropriate pack in’s and pre-event requirements
- Scheduling staffing, bringing in contractors and working with a large team of Volunteers
- Scheduling the events calendar, overall aligning resources to bookings.
- Overseeing and managing the Health and Safety standards and requirements throughout the Venue. To provide information and guidelines to the hirers with pre-hirer inductions.
- To work with Marketing and to assist them with the promotion of the event for the best outcomes and success of the show.
- To work with the General Manager with reference Operational Management this would cover Venue Maintenance, Building WOF and scheduling of contractors if and when required, to assist with staffing, Health and Safety and industry standards.
- To oversee the security of the Venue and work with Contracted Security companies.
The ideal candidate will be professional hard-working and be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail. In addition they will have:
- Proven experience in the Entertainment and Performing Arts Industry and previous Venue/Event Manager experience would be desirable.
- Hands on high level of customers service, good negotiation and sales skills.
- Good financial understanding to costs and expenses.
- Your past experience will assist you in ensuring the highest levels of client service and Venue Management.
- Sound knowledge of Technical skills including AV, crewing and Theatre Technical would be a bonus but a good knowledge of these requirements and standards would be of great assistance with this role.
- Have the ability to identify issues and quickly find the most appropriate customer related solutions.
- Good experience and high level of computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge and experience with Event Booking Management systems.
- Good time management skills in working with pricing budgets and bringing shows in under budget.
- Very efficient and goal orientated. Be self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Good leadership and decision making skills in working with clients and customers
- Self-motivated and able to work un supervised
- Driven by customer service, systems and efficiencies
- Must have a clear understanding of the business and appreciation for all facets of the business
- The role can sometime involve working weekends and at times possible evenings.
About the Team
We are passionate about providing a high standard of customer service to our clients and are seeking a like-minded person to join the team.